Kids PE bag

Earlier this week I made these PE bags for my son and my niece. They were super easy to make, I followed this video for some guidance:

I used calico material and brightly colours cord. Once I made the bags I silkscreen printed on to them to add a bit of personality. I definitely plan to make more of them, I was rather chuffed with the way they turned out.

Silkscreen printing at home

The hand in date for our first module is in a couple of days. I have been printing at home today to finish my prints ready to hand in.

The printing isn’t going as well as I hoped, I have lots of images all on the same screen and this has made it very difficult for me to print. I have been making lots of mistakes, as seen in the photos below, because my images are to close on the screen and when I put masking tape on them to block out the images I’m not using some of them still come through. In hindsight, it would have been better to have smaller screens and have individual images on each screen, so there is no risk of contaminating my prints.

At the end of this month I get the next instalment of my student loan. Once I get this I will contact the person who I brought my initial large screen from and place an order for four or five smaller screens.

WEEK 14: It’s Christmas….

So this week has been Christmas, and I can’t lie……doing uni work and having Christmas with a four-year-old it has been hard to get things done.

What I have been doing this past week it lots of printing:

20161224_112644.jpg20161223_101648.jpg

I have also experimented with fabric crayons:

20161223_091303.jpg

I also made myself and my son some hand printed leggings:

20161223_115551.jpg20161224_161449.jpg

 

I have also been trying to finalise my project proposal, but I am really struggling with this. I am not great at writing essays and I find it really difficult with my dyslexic brain; I feel like I have all of the information to go into my proposal, but I just don’t know how to put it all together. So I am going to be working on this all of next week.

 

Silk Screen Printing At Home On To Pre-made T-shirts

I have been continuing to practice my silk screen printing technique at home. I purchased some plain cotton T-shirts from the Internet to practice my printing onto (I plan to make my own T-shirts in the future). I really like the image that I have printed onto the T-shirts and I have practiced on a baby grow to. However, the image is too big for a baby grow so if I was to pursue this avenue in the future I would need to have different sized images so that the placement would be better on the baby grow. Although I like the below image on the T-shirts I felt they looked a little bit basic and needed a little bit extra done to them.

I wanted to introduce some colour. I currently only have black pigment and a blue pigment so I used the blue pigment to print an image in the background of one of the T-shirts as you can see in the below photo. I really like the look of this and I am going to continue to experiment with different ways of printing. I have ordered additional pigments so that I can experiment with more colours too.

20161210_211242_resized20161211_123533_resized